This book is packed with useful ideas, detailed strategies, and helpful tips from experienced professionals. The authors discuss crafting your message, defining your "product," using traditional media, using new media like blogging...they even cover how to effectively use social media tools like Twitter and Facebook.
I'm thrilled that the authors also include great fundraising strategies in their coverage of marketing.
Guerrilla Marketing for Nonprofits clearly outlines ways to market your nonprofit and conduct effective fundraising initiatives. Best of all, you'll be able to to easily implement them with relatively little cost.
Here are the chapters in the book:
- What Nonprofits Need is Better Marketing
- Getting to Know Nonprofit Guerrilla Marketing
- The Guerrilla Marketer's Personality
- How to Turn Your Mission Statement into a Marketing Tool
- Guerrillas Focus on People
- Guerrillas Understand Their Marketplace
- Mini-, Maxi-, and E-Media Weapons
- Info-, Human-, and Non-Media Weapons
- Attributes and Attitudes of Your Organization
- Guerrilla Publicity
- Guerrilla Marketing on the Web
- Guerrilla Social Media
- Niche Marketing Guerrilla Style
- Meeting Needs While Changing Minds
- Expressing Your Organization's Unique Identity
- Cultivating Winning Relationships for Your Nonprofit
- Seven Golden Rules for Fundraising Success
- Seven Platinum Rules for Recruiting Volunteers
- Guerrilla Marketing Behavior Change
- Launching and Maintaining Your Marketing Attack
The parts of the last chapter are indicative of the whole book:
- Write a Marketing Plan in Just Seven Sentences
- The 17 Secrets to Maintaining Your Marketing Attack
- How to Spy on Yourself and Improve Your Marketing
And that's just one of the chapters! The subtitle of this book is "250 tactics to promote, recruit, motivate, and raise more money". And I believe them.
Read it yourself or buy a copy to give to your favorite cause.
I know it's a book I'll keep returning to!