Are you scared to ask for money?
Relief is here!
The “Ask Without Fear!” LIVE full day training will help you take the fear out of asking so you won’t have to feel guilty anymore!
While this may seem perfect for startups and those new to fundraising, even seasoned veterans leave invigorated and with new strategies. This live training has even helped an organization turn a $1.25 billion into a $1.5 billion campaign!
And it can help yours too!
“[Marc] is very knowledgeable and energetic, engaging audience members and helping them understand specific things they can do to be successful in their positions…I highly recommend him…”
Director of Marketing Programs and Events
Blackbaud, Inc., Charleston, SC
What you’ll learn in this live training
In the full day training, you’ll learn about each of the four steps of fundraising: Researching, Engaging, Asking, and Loving.
- how to research both your fundraising goal and your prospects
- the components of an effective case statement
- why connecting your donor to your story is even more important than talking about your nonprofit
- how to know what size gifts to ask for – whatever your fundraising goal
- free tools for finding out about people
- an easy way to get your board to help you by opening up their Rolodex
- how to benefit from the billions corporations spend on research – without costing you a dime
- how to build your donor list
“Thanks so much for all you are sharing with me! I am actually enjoying learning about fundraising! I didn’t think that was possible.”
Chairperson of the Board of Directors
The Boston Project Ministries
- why fundraising is like dating
- how to using the telephone, notes, and social media differ for engagement
- how to quickly figure out if your website is strategically designed for giving
- ways to get out from behind your desk
- specific questions to ask donors to learn about them
- actual conversations and tips of using the phone and email
- a fun, memorable way to help you figure out if you are speaking your donor’s language
- how to quantify your engagement work for your boss or board chair
- why this step significantly takes the stress out of asking for money
“My two staff members and Board member are very new to fundraising and they chatted enthusiastically on the way home about what they had learned. I’ve been in fundraising for more years than I like to admit, and I also took away some great points. You made the day go very quickly.”
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Midland
- an in-depth look at simple tool to help asks be more effective
- exactly what to say on the phone to get the appointment
- ways to gauge the ask and how to flex to match a person’s personality type
- the exact phrases to use in your ask – and exactly when to shut up
- how props can reduce fear–for both the asker and the one being asked
- why “asking” is not about your “need” but about your donor’s values
- how many options to offer without overwhelming donors
- why objections are actually good
- what to say when the donor doesn’t say “yes”
- an exercise to get over even the most frightening objections
- how to get off the objection treadmill – you really don’t have to answer them all!
“Great energy and knowledge. Really showed that fundraising can be fun and rewarding career.”
Conference attendee, Montreal
- how match your nonprofit’s thank you specifically to the way the donor’s personality
- when to send out thank you’s – and who should do it
- how do deal with donors who don’t immediately say “yes”
- why all of your donor communication can become ways of showing gratitude
The day after an Ask Without Fear! LIVE, one participant emailed me to say:
I enjoyed your seminar so much, as did Danielle. We walked away very excited, and have already increase the number of people that will be at our next meeting, as well as more businesses coming on board to add to our fund raising. We have incredible things going on, and now adding what we have learned from your seminar has just motivated us even more.
Thank you so much for the gift you have given to us.
Bring this live Ask Without Fear! training to your area
Interested in having Marc give an Ask Without Fear! LIVE training to your group? Let us know here: https://forms.zoho.com/concordleaders/form/FRCTraining.
To hear what others are saying about Marc’s teaching, go to the testimonials page.