Fundraising Training, Nonprofit Leadership Seminars, & Board Retreats
Nonprofits, associations, and conferences around the world invite Marc to come speak on issues of personal and organizational leadership, marketing, time management, personalities, and fundraising.
Since he firmly believes fundraising is all about leadership, just about the only thing Marc loves more than asking for money is training board members and “normal” people to ask!
“We LOVED your ‘Exactly What to Say for Nonprofit Leaders’ session!! In fact, the Monday after we got back, I called a major donor and asked for a $15,000 matching gift by saying ‘I don’t know if this is for you, but…’ and the donor said ‘Okay.’
Just like that. I was so shocked.
We’re a little nonprofit just getting going and $15,000 is HUGE for us. Thank you for your communication wisdom! Your tips on what to say have lifted so much pressure off me, the people I’m working with, and the amazing donors who are doing this work with us. Talking to everyone feels easier, lighter, more like a rally and less like a self-afflicted guilt trip from not knowing how exactly to put things.”
Asking for money is as scary for people as death and public speaking. But it doesn’t have to be! Learn a simple “R.E.A.L.” method that takes much of the fear out of the process. This workshop is perfect for nonprofit employees and volunteers and will give you proven techniques to improve your fundraising skills
- a 4-part system to structure your solicitation
- actual phrases to use during your solicitations
- and a powerful way to overcome objections, even before they happen!
In the full day training, you’ll also learn:
- the 7 most common mistakes nonprofits make in asking for money
- a simple 3-step tool to help you articulate your message
“Marc A. Pitman’s ‘Ask Without Fear’ training is the most inspiring ask-training on the market. This workshop opens up the door for tremendous resource gain for those that attend. Marc provides invaluable advice, great stories, tools and overall stellar experience in addition to the fun and energy!”
Exactly What To Say™ in Nonprofit Fundraising
In this session, Marc shares:
- how to start the fundraising ask, long before the appointment
- how curiosity creates the environment for donations more effectively than pitches
- ways to structure the entire asking conversation
- and the exact phrases to use to raise the money your nonprofit needs.
You’ll leave this session inspired and reinvigorated with a practical set of tools to immediately apply across your organization.
- the basic components of all compelling stories
- how a trip to the supermarket can help you make your story engaging
- what an “elevator pitch” is and why it can quickly become stale, and
- a really easy way to keep all your communications fresh and “on story.”
For more information, go to: Who’s Telling Your Story?
Raising money for nonprofits isn’t rocket science but it’s not all common sense either. This seminar geared for nonprofit board members and others new to nonprofit fundraising will share some easy-to-apply principles based on decades of fundraising excellence. This is helpful both for people new to the field, but experienced pros find this session full of useful reminders.
- the only 3 types of communication you’ll need
- how many times to say “thank you” between solicitations
- the difference between annual funds, capital campaigns, and endowments
- a simple model for your setting up a fundraising effort
Fundraising 101 is now an online course you can have each of your board members take. Learn more at http://101.fundraisingcoach.com/
Whether you work for a nonprofit or you’re on the board, chances are you haven’t been trained in the appropriate roles of the board. Come and learn the roles a board is supposed to play and ways to increase effective communication with the board and the nonprofit staff. There’s even a bit on nonprofit storytelling! This seminar is great for both board members and employees of nonprofits.
- the 2 major jobs of the board
- tips to help board meetings be more productive
- 4 major mistakes board members make
- simple tools to help the board chair communicate with the executive director
“Afraid of asking for money? Marc has the cure.”
Looking for online training?
Are you looking for online training and CFRE continuing education credits? Check out: The Nonprofit Academy with over 100 trainings, tools, and templates on-demand and more added each month!