Fundraising Training, Nonprofit Leadership Seminars, & Board Retreats
Nonprofits, associations, and conferences around the world invite Marc to come speak on issues of personal and organizational leadership, marketing, time management, personalities, and fundraising.
Since he firmly believes fundraising is all about leadership, just about the only thing Marc loves more than asking for money is training board members and “normal” people to ask!
- a 4-part system to structure your solicitation
- actual phrases to use during your solicitations
- and a powerful way to overcome objections, even before they happen!
In the full day training, you’ll also learn:
- the 7 most common mistakes nonprofits make in asking for money
- a simple 3-step tool to help you articulate your message
“Marc A. Pitman’s Ask Without Fear training is the most inspiring ask-training on the market. This workshop opens up the door for tremendous resource gain for those that attend. Marc provides invaluable advice, great stories, tools and overall stellar experience in addition to the fun and energy!”
Becky Taylor, Development Coordinator
Infant Crisis Services
Oklahoma City, OK
Exactly What To Say™ in Nonprofit Fundraising
In this session, Marc shares:
- how to start the fundraising ask, long before the appointment
- how curiosity creates the environment for donations more effectively than pitches
- ways to structure the entire asking conversation
- and the exact phrases to use to raise the money your nonprofit needs.
You’ll leave this session inspired and reinvigorated with a practical set of tools to immediately apply across your organization.
- the basic components of all compelling stories
- how a trip to the supermarket can help you make your story engaging
- what an “elevator pitch” is and why it can quickly become stale, and
- a really easy way to keep all your communications fresh and “on story.”
For more information, go to: Who’s Telling Your Story?
- the only 3 types of communication you’ll need
- how many times to say “thank you” between solicitations
- the difference between annual funds, capital campaigns, and endowments
- a simple model for your setting up a fundraising effort
Fundraising 101 is now an online course you can have each of your board members take. Learn more at http://101.fundraisingcoach.com/
- the 2 major jobs of the board
- tips to help board meetings be more productive
- 4 major mistakes board members make
- simple tools to help the board chair communicate with the executive director
“Afraid of asking for money? Marc has the cure.”
– Joanne Fritz, About.com
Looking for online training?
- The Nonprofit Academy with over 80 classes, tools, and templates on-demand and more added each month!
- Fundraising 101: An overview for board members and accidental fundraisers