“Marc is just plain inspiring. He makes everything about asking so easy and filled with joy. You can see the audience sit up straighter and grow in confidence as he speaks.”
Tom Ahern, Donor Communications Expert
Ahern Communications, Ink
Marc believes no one should have to endure a boring seminar or keynote. If you’re interested in booking a boring, low-energy speaker, he’s not a good fit for your event.
But if you want a high energy presenter who can connect with your audience and give them inspiratin and extremely practical tools to use, he is a great fit!
As you can see from this website, Marc loves asking people for money. The only thing he loves more than asking for money is teaching people to ask for money! That’s why he writes books and speaks at conferences–this allows him to “infect” others with the love of asking!
Newcomers and “accidental fundraisers”–including board members and volunteers–tell him he helps them realize they really can raise money for their favorite cause. Veteran fundraisers tell him he helps re-energize them, reminding them how great our profession is! Meeting planners say bringing Marc in helps them increase both attendance at the event and satisfaction of the people in the room.
“Marc was great to work with. He happily had conversations before the event in order to design the presentation just for our group – a bunch of nonprofit folks with little marketing or fundraising experience. Surveys showed – and buzz proved – that Marc’s presentation was a hit. Entertaining and insightful, he instilled confidence in his audience. Overall, I’d highly recommend Marc as a keynote speaker and look forward to another opportunity to enjoy coffee with him!”
Clover Frederick, Cause Camp Co-Chair
Nonprofit Marketing Network
Are you hosting a nonprofit conference and need an engaging keynote? Or are you holding a staff retreat and need a content rich fundraising training? Send Marc an email at email@example.com.
Some of Marc’s more popular topics are:
- Ask Without Fear! - Fully fund your cause without embarrassing yourself or your friends
- Fundraising on the Web: It’s more than just a birthday wish
- Fundraising 101 – The who, what, why, and when of an effective fundraising program Perfect for board orientations or people that stumbled into fundraising but need a big picture overview.
- Successful Fundraising in a Recession – low cost tips and techniques to help you ride out the bad economy
- Who’s Telling Your Story? – Successful storytelling tips for nonprofit marketing and fundraising
Check out these an other topics I commonly speak on at my fundraising training page.
If you’d like to discuss bringing Marc to your group or conference, you can email him directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him at (800) 694-7430. He always tailors his talks to meet the needs of your audience with a focus on giving down-to-earth, practical advice that they can put into practice immediately.
A brief bio, including Marc’s education and affiliations, is on the Meet Marc page.
“Marc is a gifted presenter. He has a knack of speaking to a group but making each person in the group feel as if he were talking directly to them. He thinks on his feet and incorporates what he’s learned about people in the group into his presentation in a constructive way. Thoroughly enjoyed his presentation.”
Christina Turner, Taranaki Regional Coordinator
Computers in Homes
Hawera, New Zealand
The following are recordings of Marc’s appearances on network TV. If they don’t load, they’re also available at: http://marcpitman.tv/.
Here Fox 25 Boston interviewed him on how to fundraise for nonprofits:
Here Good Day New York asked him about how to deal with career stress in light of Steven Slater’s jumping out of a Jet Blue jet:
Some of the conferences and organizations he’s spoken to include:
- Association of Fundraising Professionals International Conference – Vancouver (2012)
- KLOVE-AIR1 Radio
- Islamic Relief USA
- the World Fundraising Forum in Monterrey, Mexico
- BlogWorld Expo
- Habitat for Humanity International
- Special Olympics South Carolina (multiple years)
- National Catholic Development Conference (multiple years)
- the Tonic Conference in New Zealand
- the American Subcontractors Association
- Catholic Charities USA
- University of Southern Maine Development Symposium
- Community Health Plan of Seattle
- Indiana Grantmakers Alliance
- Utah Society for Fund Raisers
- PodCamp Boston 5
- Association of Fundraising Professionals
- Association of Fundraising Professionals – New Jersey
- Association of Fundraising Professionals – San Antonio
- Association of Fundraising Professionals Summer Institute – Charleston, SC
- American Marketing Association’s Nonprofit Marketing Conference (multiple years)
- American Marketing Association – Puget Sound
- Oral Roberts University
- Kansas Main Street (Kansas Department of Commerce)
- Pacific Northwest Association of Independent Schools
- Maine’s Blaine House Conference on Volunteerism
- Maine Library Association
- Waterville Public Library
- Border’s Bookstore – Bangor
- Autism Society of Maine
- Central Maine Community College
- New England Association of Healthcare Philanthropy (multiple years)
- Blackbaud’s Conference for Nonprofits (multiple years)
- Blackbaud’s Canadian Conference for Nonprofits
- Advancement Program Council (multiple years)
- CASE/NAIS Independent Schools Conference
Here are some comments from people who’ve attended my seminars: