Philanthropy keynotes & fundraising talks at in-person and virtual meetings
To discuss bringing Marc to your group or conference, fill out the contact form or call us at (800) 694-7430.
Marc believes no one should have to endure a boring keynote, seminar, or training. And he believes people should leave with practical things they can actually do.
If you’re interested in booking a boring, low-energy speaker, he’s not a good fit for your event.
But if you want a high energy presenter who can connect with your audience, give them inspiration and extremely practical tools to use, he is a great fit!
As you can see from this website, Marc loves asking people for money. He’s even been called “the Johnny Appleseed of fundraising” since the only thing he loves more than asking for money is teaching people to ask for money! That’s why he writes books and speaks at conferences–this allows him to “pollinate” others with the love of asking!
- Newcomers and “accidental fundraisers” – including board members and volunteers – say he helps them realize they really can raise money for their favorite cause.
- Veteran fundraisers tell him he helps re-energize them, reminding them how great our profession is!
- Meeting planners say bringing Marc in helps them increase both attendance at the event and satisfaction of the people in the room.
Are you hosting a nonprofit conference and need an engaging keynote? Or are you holding a staff retreat and need a content rich fundraising training? Send Marc an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To see what conference organizers and attendees have to say about Marc’s speaking, and the increased conference attendance and on-the-job efficiency, check out the case studies.
Fill out the contact form or call us at (800) 694-7430.
Sample Talk Descriptions
(can be delivered dynamically in-person or through an online virtual platform)
Ask Without Fear!®
Does the need to ask for money cause you to shudder? You’re not alone. Some say asking for money is as scary for people as death and public speaking! But it doesn’t have to be.
In this keynote, Marc inspires your audience to see fundraising as more than “taking.” Even in a crisis, you can raise money in ways that donors love and are grateful to be able to contribute to!
In this presentation, he shares a clearly understandable, simple plan that takes the mystery and fear out of the process.
Your team or audience will learn:
- why “everyone” is not a prospect for their fundraising efforts
- why recessions and crises can be completely appropriate times to ask
- actual phrases to use during their solicitations
- and a powerful way to overcome objections, even before they happen!
Is Your Nonprofit Leadership Style Hurting Your Fundraising?
Nonprofit leadership is already hard. But recent studies show that nonprofit leaders are unintentionally sabotaging themselves in really practical ways.
In this talk, Marc shares the latest nonprofit leadership research. And he gives insight into the leaders’ journey. Your audience will learn to identify root causes to some of their most troubling leadership tasks. And will leave realizing they may be on the verged of greatness.
- why their board, staff, and volunteers don’t seem to be sharing the same vision
- why they are experiencing so much doubt
- why what they think their weakness is may just be the beginning of their unique strength
- and what nonprofit leadership styles will help build a culture of philanthropy in their organization.
Exactly What to Say™ for Nonprofit Fundraising
The worst time to plan what you’re going to say in an ask is while you are in the asking conversation! When you don’t plan, you feel pushy. And the donors do not respond well.
In this talk, Marc shares how to structure your donor calls and solicitations in ways that actually engage donors. And result in successful fundraising. You’ll find you have an even more fundraising success. He also shares the four cornerstones of every critical conversation, including fundraising solicitations.
In this session, they’ll learn:
- why questions are more powerful than pitches
- how the most successful solicitation calls tend to be with you not needing to talk much
- and a 5-step process for creating more opportunities for donations
They’ll leave this session inspired and reinvigorated with a practical set of tools that will help them ask for money with confidence – and communicate more clearly in all aspects of their work.
To discuss bringing Marc to your group or conference,
fill out the contact form or call us at (800) 694-7430.
Marc always tailors his talks to meet the needs of your audience with a focus on giving down-to-earth, practical advice that they can put into practice immediately.
“Since the start of COVID-19, I have been attending a lot of webinars! Marc is without a doubt the most warm, enthusiastic, and delightful speaker & host I have experienced. He has the remarkable gift of connection. In every session with Marc, you feel that he is speaking directly to you as your engaging, trusted friend. He radiates energy without being phony, annoying, or exhausting to listen to. I can’t wait to learn more from him in the days ahead!”
“I’ve asked Marc to speak at a variety of conferences for nonprofit professionals and fundraisers (both as a session speaker and a keynote presenter). He is very knowledgeable and energetic, engaging audience members and helping them understand specific things they can do to be successful in their positions. Marc is very positive and exceptionally easy to work with. I highly recommend him for your next event.”