Marc is the author of Ask Without Fear! and founder of Fundraisingcoach.com. Nationally recognized as thought leader, Marc helps individuals and organizations raise money more effectively than they thought possible! He’s invited to speak at conferences and teaches seminars through various organizations including Blackbaud’s Conferences for Nonprofits, Habitat for Humanity International, AFP regional meetings, and the American Marketing Association.
Marc is also the Director of the Foundation of Inland Hospital. And for the last 3 1/2 years, Marc founded and pastored the Vineyard Church of Waterville. Most importantly, he’s the husband of an incredible wife and the father of three amazing kids.
What’s the story with the bow tie?
I’ve been wearing a bow tie even longer than I’ve been raising money. In the 1970’s I got started with a maroon velvet clip-on. In high school, I was able to get the yard sale bow ties from Boston Brahmin for 50¢. I didn’t realize how much a part of me bow ties were until I tried giving a seminar in San Diego without one. I was told I had to wear one, it was just “part of who you are!” Fortunately, I had one in my briefcase!
Education & Affiliations
- MA in Organizational Leadership, School of Leadership Studies, Regent University
- Certified Franklin Covey Coach, Franklin Covey Coaching
- Certified Highlands Abilities Battery Provider, The Highlands Company
- Biblical Studies, Jerusalem University College
- BA in History and Religion, Gordon College (MA)
- Diploma, Milton Academy (MA)
- Board Member, New England Association of Healthcare Philanthropy
- Board Member, Waterville Noontime Rotary Club
- General Assembly Member of the Kennebec Regional Development Authority
- Faculty Member, Brewer Christian College and Graduate School
- Founding Member, International Association of Coaches
- Former Treasurer on the Board of Directors for the Advancement Program Council
- Former Trustee for the Lewiston Public Library