Earlier this week, I walked into an office here at Inland Hospital and saw this.
After being a bit grossed out, I read that it was one way this office was collecting for our hospital’s United Way drive.
I have some very funny friends. Here are their responses:
My Twitter Friends
- @kimberlylauth: The AMA is investigating the cause of Donald Trumps unusual kidney stones.
- @sandrasims: Pennies for Prostrates.
- @melmatho: Gotta give, gotta give, gotta give right now…
- @silverati2: Don’t piss away your pennies!
- @iman207: “You’re in. Please give”
And My Facebook Friends
- Margaret Battistelli: “That’s right, baby, I’m so rich I pee money.”
- Nathalie Lutz: Urine for a change!
- Jim Marks (crass sarcasm): Don’t piss away an opportunity to help others.
- Tom McCowan: Holy crap. I didn’t really even realize how accurate I was when I tell my daughters to keep the money away from their mouths because they don’t know where it’s been.
- Kate Armstrong Lee: We will get it out of you any way we have to … we have catheters and we aren’t afraid to use them.
- Richard DeVeau: Every little drop helps.
- Thomas R. W. Longstaff: Giving until it hurts.
- Matthew Sargent: Don’t piddle away your money on silly junk – donate to a worthy cause today!
- Caroline Cornish: Wow. I’m so naive, I didn’t even know what that was… I was going to suggest, “Let’s get a handle on our financial future!”
- Larry Hehn:
- Keep your money from going down the drain.
- 32 ounces of prevention – must be worth 32 pounds of cure!
- Fill it up or we’ll start passing around the bed pan.
- Amy Toussaint-Lagasse: We were thinking about using the 24 hour urine jug!!! The big orange ones!!!
- Daniel Catano: my parents told me not to piss away all of my money…
- John Goodine: It’s a Pissybank!
- David Hazeltine: Gives a whole new meaning to a “Drop in the Bucket” campaign!!
- Lauren Sterling: “A Penny for your pee!”
- Garrett Robinson: Don’t Piss your money away! Let us do it for you!
- Mirjam Adolphi: Other has needs too
- Chris Forbes: Urine-vited to help!
Fortunately, we did go over our fundraising goal! (Our cup runneth over?)
I have more than a decade in fundraising, but I’d never seen this!