Here’s another great looking job opportunity that’s come across my desk:
Cape Cod Healthcare Foundation
Senior Development Officer
Cape Cod Healthcare Foundation (CCHF) is seeking a talented, senior fundraising professional to participate in its upcoming, system-wide $100M capital campaign and to advance the major gifts program for Cape Cod Healthcare, a comprehensive medical network located throughout Cape Cod. Serving primarily the needs of Cape Cod Hospital, Falmouth Hospital and the VNA of Cape Cod, the SDO will work closely with volunteers, the Board of Trustees, physicians and administrative leaders. The Senior Development Officer (SDO) will be a proven professional capable of working independently and collaboratively as part of a strong advancement team.
Reporting directly to Tom Mundell, President of Cape Cod Healthcare Foundation, the SDO will join a development team strongly committed to the mission, vision and values of Cape Cod Healthcare. The SDO will work in a fundraising environment that measures success by the achievement of shared and individual goals and the ability to collaboratively plan and execute effective fundraising strategies.
The SDO is a newly added position to the fundraising team in response to the high volume of identified but uncultivated donor prospects on Cape Cod.
As an important member of the campaign team, the Senior Development Officer will:
- Develop a portfolio of 75-100 major gift prospects with 6- to 7+ figure capacity through research and mining the Raiser’s Edge Â® database;
- Identify, cultivate and solicit major gifts from individuals and family foundations through planning and executing small events and other strategic relationships;
- Work closely with volunteers, the Board of Trustees and community leaders to advance philanthropic giving;
- Collaborate with CCH’s major gift team to coordinate fundraising efforts for the entire system;
- Effectively articulate the message that individuals don’t need to leave the Cape for quality health care;
- Travel out of state for approximately two weeks in the winter for visits with current and prospective donors.
Successful Candidates should demonstrate:
- At least 10 years of increasing responsibility in major gift fundraising or a closely-related area;
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills;
- Proven success with:
______ Prospect identification ______ Cultivation
______ Gift strategy development ______ Solicitation
______ Ask/close ______ Stewardship
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff at all levels within an organization, as well as with board members, volunteers, and community leaders;
- Capability to work both collaboratively as well as independently, and to think strategically;
- Outstanding organizational skills with focused attention to detail and follow through
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently.
Note: Previous healthcare experience is not required.
Cape Cod Healthcare and Cape Cod Healthcare Foundation are equal opportunity employers.
For more information about Cape Cod Healthcare Foundation, please visit:
For more information about Cape Cod Healthcare, please visit:
Email resume and cover letter in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisa Gell, SPHR, Development Guild/DDI. 1-800-537-9011 x 293