This just in:
Vice President/Director of Development
Women’s Edge Coalition
The Women’s Edge Coalition (Edge) is a cutting-edge, results-oriented policy organization working to make U.S. foreign assistance and trade policy improve the lives of women in poverty around the world. Founded in 1998, Edge has leveraged tens of millions of dollars in U.S. foreign assistance for women around the world, and has become the leading voice on global women’s issues in Washington, D.C. This year, the Women’s Edge Coalition was selected as one of Working Mother Magazine’s Best Small Companies and received InterAction’s Leet Award for its leadership in ensuring that millions of dollars of U.S. assistance reaches women.
Edge’s dynamic and visionary leadership has grown the organization to an annual revenue base of about $1.5 million. As we prepare for a period of major growth, heightened visibility and expanding partnerships, we are seeking a highly skilled and experienced VP/Director of Development to significantly grow and diversify our revenue base. As a member of our close-knit senior management team and reporting to the President and Co-Founder, the VP/Director of Development will be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing an integrated fundraising strategy to grow the organization’s annual revenue to support significant expansion over the next five years;
- Engaging the organization’s senior staff, Board of Directors, and other stakeholders in reaching annual fundraising goals;
- Significantly growing an individual (small and major) donor program, with an emphasis on major gifts of $10,000 and greater;
- Identifying and cultivating foundation support, overseeing ongoing proposal development and assisting with proposal and report writing as needed;
- Working with the Senior Vice President to cultivate targeted corporate support; and
- Managing and mentoring development staff, multiple interns, consultants and vendors
- Proven leadership skills, with the ability to think and plan creatively and strategically
- 8-10 years fundraising experience in a nonprofit, foundation, advocacy or campaign environment
- Demonstrated experience with significantly growing and diversifying an organization’s revenue base, including foundation, major donor, and corporate solicitations
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Well-organized, self-starter able to straddle both strategy and implementation
- Excellent cross functional management ability, team skills and individual initiative
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college
- Experience with women’s issues and/or policy advocacy organizations
- Visited/worked in the developing world
Edge offers a fun and rewarding work environment that promotes work/life balance. We offer a very competitive salary, flexible schedule, excellent benefits, and a first-rate, professional team that is wholly committed to advancing women globally. Title and compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Please email your resume and a cover letter outlining relevant experience for the position to Ritu Sharma Fox, Co-Founder and President, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date: July 13, 2007. Applications will be reviewed and evaluated on a rolling basis. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. For more information about the Women’s Edge Coalition, please visit our website at www.womensedge.org.