Whether your fiscal year is based on a calendar year or some other cycle (ours starts in October!), December is a great time to review your goals.
So often we’re running so hard and fast that we don’t take time to look up and see what direction we’re running in!
Years ago, I distilled all I’d learned and read about goal setting and created the MagnetGoals goal setting system. It’s amazing how powerful simply writing your goals down on paper can be. I’m convinced if you wrote down your goals and shoved them in a drawer, you’d be amazed at how many were accomplished by the end of the year. But this program helps you do more than just stuff them in a drawer!
To get the free course or a free PDF of the MagnetGoals workbook, go to https://fundraisingcoach.com/magnetgoals.htm. The workbook includes a description of the MagnetGoals process and worksheets to help you through the whole process including listing the 100 goals and mapping them out.
In the meantime, here’s a fun take on the oft used goal-setting acronym “S.M.A.R.T.” Most everything you read about setting goals encourages you to set S.M.A.R.T. goals, goals that are:
- “S” Specific | Simple | Single
- “M” Measurable | Meaningful
- “A” Achievable | Acceptable | Attainable | Actionable | Action-oriented | Adjustable | As-if-now | Agreed | Action plan | Achieved
- “R” Relevant | Realistic | Reachable | Rewarding | Results-oriented | Result-based | Reasonable
- “T” Time-dimensioned | Time frame | Tangible | Trackable | Time-boxed | Timely | Time-sensitive | Time-stamped | Time-bound
Let’s make 2008 really great!