Here in the US, we're about a week away from Thanksgiving. Have you mentally checked out of work or are you preparing for the biggest time of giving in the calendar year?
Before you put your work on hold, consider implementing this tip from Jeffrey Fox's book How to be a Rainmaker. (It's theÂ reason I got it in the first place. A colleague on a CharityChannel.com listserv raved about this list. She said whenever business was slow, she returned to this list and business always picked up.)
Here are the 10 things Fox recommends:
- Send a handwritten note.
- Clip and send an article of interest.
- Talk to a satisfied client and ask who else you might help.
- Send a thank-you gift to someone who referred you.
- Give your business card to someone with influence.
- Send a letter to the editor of a magazine your customers read.
- Add fifteen people to your mailing list.
- Leave a compelling voicemail.
- Make an appointment.
- Call a client you haven’t talked to in two years.
Isn't this a great list?
Choose today which one you'll do to help your organization raise more money.Â Now, commit to doing it before the end of theÂ week.
ThenÂ have a great Thanksgiving!Â